Please contact us regarding a detailed itinerary!
- Accommodations for 13 nights
- All land and air transfers in Namibia
- All game drives
- National park and cultural village fees
- Guaranteed window seat in Landcruiser
- National park and conservation fees
- All meals excluding dinner on first and last evening in Windhoek
- Selected beverages where mentioned above
- Mineral water
- International airfare to and from Windhoek
- Change of itinerary
- Visa fees
- All beverages (unless where mentioned as included)
- Change of itinerary
- Optional hot air balloon ride over sand dunes
- Any items of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, telephone calls
- Tips / gratuities for guide and camp / lodge staff
- Travel/medical insurance
- Any extras not mentioned in the included list such as extra meals and activities
Our African safaris require little physical conditioning and are not considered strenuous. Travel will sometimes be by small charter aircraft and game-drive vehicles. Safari-goers should be aware that the game drives are often over bumpy surfaces and can sometimes be long depending on our sightings. Our mornings start early before daybreak and evening meals are served after sundown. All travelers must be able to climb into and out of raised 4×4 safari vehicles.
Most of our safaris will be in permanent to semi-permanent tented camps. All of our tents are en suite, are designed to the highest standards, and are comfortable with hot showers and an adjoining toilet. All of our camps will have separate lounge and dining areas which add to the excitement and ambiance of being on safari. It should be noted, however, that there are no fences around our camps, and animals of all sizes are sometimes encountered within the camp boundaries. Please be assured that you will be safe at all times. Our Expeditions Leaders and camp staff will be there to assure your safety.
From May through August, temperatures are very comfortable. Mornings can be quite cool to cold while warming up as the day continues. Nights can be cold and midday temperatures range from 70ºF (20ºC) to 80ºF (26ºC0. Our Handbooks provide more detailed information about clothing and trip preparation.
We recommend that our travelers bring an adventurous spirit, as you will often enjoy the closest animal encounters.